No slot? No problem! Fast in-depth consultations via email.
STATUS: OPEN 📭
Nonprofit or student? If you’re a registered nonprofit organization, you can apply for a free consultation (subject to availability). If you’re a student, contact us for a discount.
UX Manager, Brand Experience Designer & Storyteller
Hi, I’m Werner, I solve problems through technology, data, and UX storytelling. I’m passionate about the online experience and I believe that great design is practical and human-centered at its core. I studied Communication Science, Visual Arts and User Experience, and I’m currently a UX Manager at Dotslash — a digital agency based in South Africa which has helped some of the countries’ largest brands with integration of digital technology. I’m also a Brand Experience Designer & Storyteller at Brandflex.co
UX Consultant & Educator and Learning Experience Designer (LXD)
I’m Ana and I’m an independent UX consultant & educator based in Portugal, working with clients from all over the world. After having worked for several agencies and companies in the UK, I’ve co-led the Mobile UX project at Google in Portugal, where I organized countless workshops and educational events. I studied Design, Neuropsychology, and Adult Education. I am now pursuing my Master in Education Sciences and dedicating fully to the education field.
Terms & Conditions.
1. Email consultations are provided via email only.
2. Each consultation includes 1 in-depth reply to your request + 1 free follow up (shorter).
3. In order to benefit from the follow up bonus, you’ll need to follow up within 2 weeks (from the time our reply is sent to you). For any follow ups beyond the expiry date, you’ll need to request a new consultation.
4. There’s no limit to the length or number of questions you can include in 1 email. But please be as specific as possible. If your question is vague or generic, you won’t obtain real value from this service.
5. The turnaround time is only applicable from the moment your payment is confirmed.
6. The turnaround time is only applicable if we can access the information you sent us. It’s your responsibility to set the document permissions so we can access it. Being unable to access your Google doc will result in delays (your rush fee won’t be refunded).
7. Our expert opinion is what is it: an opinion — based on the information we’ve received from you. We don’t take responsibility for the decisions you make based on it.
8. As long as email consultations are open, every submission that is paid will be answered within the following timelines:
- Standard fee: Between 3-5 days.
- Rush fee: Within 24 hours.
9. This fee is not refundable under any circumstances. For example, you cannot request a refund if you don’t “like” or agree with our opinion.
10. We won’t be requesting more information under any circumstances: your request is final. Make sure you review the information before hitting submit. If we don’t have enough information, we’ll reply based on the information you give us. We can’t stress this enough: The quality of your answer will depend on the quality of your questions. Be as specific as you can.
11. We reserve the right to change and adapt these terms as we see fit.
Subject: Portfolio Feedback
Hi, my name is Kate and I’m from the United Kingdom. I have a background in Fine Arts and I’ve been a graphic designer for a few years but I want to transition to UX.
I’m requesting this consultation because I’d love to get your feedback on my portfolio (external link).
At the moment I work as a freelance graphic designer, but my career goal with this portfolio is to land my first UX/UI role.
Initially, my portfolio was mostly composed of my graphic design work but more recently I’ve been working on personal projects and I’m trying to display more UI design work that also showcases some of my UX process. My favourite project so far is “FashionWise”, an app I’ve developed from scratch aimed at helping Instagram fashion influencers find partnerships with brands that support a cause they’re passionate about. You can find more information here (external link).
The type of role I’m looking to attract with this portfolio is a specialised UI designer role, since visual design is my strength and my passion, but I’m also okay with a generalist role. I can imagine myself working as a full-time employee as part of a big team that will help me grow as a designer. I’m mostly interested in the Fashion industry but I’m open to different options.
This is specifically what I need help with:
– What do you think about the way I’ve displayed my visual design skills? Is it clear that I have a design background?
– Do you think the case studies I’ve selected reflect the type of role I am looking for?
– What do you think about the way I’ve approached the problem in “Fashion Wise”? Is my process clear and easy to understand?